- 12 uncooked medium prawns
- 1 Litre chicken stock
- 3 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, shredded finely
- 155 g rice stick noodles
- 155 g tofu cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 4 green onions sliced thinly
- 1 fresh long red chilli sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- 3 dried medium red chillies
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 1 small brown onion chopped coarsely
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cm fresh ginger grated
- 10cm stick fresh lemon grass chopped finely
- 1 tbsp halved roasted unsalted Macadamia
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 cup mint leaves loosely packed
- Shell and devein prawns, leaving tails intact
- Laksa Paste: Cover dried chillies with water in a small bowl, stand 10 minutes and drain. Blend or process chillies with remaining ingredients until mixture is smooth.
- Cook laksa paste in large saucepan, stirring, about 5 minute or until fragrant. Stir in stock, coconut milk and lime leaves; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile place noodle in large bowl, cover with boiling water and stand until tender, drain.
- Add prawns to laksa mixture, simmer uncovered about 5 minutes or until prawns start to change colour.
- Add tofu and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat , stir in juice.
- To serve, divide noodles among serving bowls, ladle laksa into bowls, top with sprouts, onion, chilli and coriander.